April 6, 2015

Making: Clothespin Dolls


A while back, I saw these incredibly cute clothespin dolls on Pinterest and wanted to try and make them on my own. They were a great way to use some of my scrap pieces of yarn and get nice decorations for our shelves as well. 

What I used: 
 + Clothespins 
 + Scrap pieces of yarn 
 + Knitting needles 
 + Scissors {to cut yarn}
 + Embroidery needle (to weave ends in}
 + Felt
 + Hot glue gun 
 + Marker 

What I did: 
I used simple stitches -- knit 2 purl 2 and also knit one row purl one row combos to make the sweaters. I cast on about 8 stitches I believe but of course this would change depending on what size needles you'll be using. I used US Size 10. 

The skirt is felt and I picked up a combination of brown and black. I thought they would go nicely with the yarn colors I had. I used a hot glue gun to secure it against the clothes pin. 

Finally I used a Sharpie marker to draw the eyes and hair although I kind of wished I didn't because it was runny and made it look a little messy. 

What do you think? I know they are dressed for the winter and we are well into spring but that's ok. I think they look stylish for spring weather, no? 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.