May 12, 2015

Blogger Profiles: Fee of BurntFeather


I've always loved thrift stores and collecting things since I was little. My Mum is one hundred and ten percent to blame for that.  I used to tag along with her on the Thrift store trail, hoping I'd find something amazing.  I remember at one particular thrift store, the worker gifted me a free porcelain clown and thus begun my most tacky collection to date -- porcelain clowns.  This collection, much to the horror of my Mum, grew until even a few non-clowns had crept into the collection, porcelain cat anyone!  Although each doll was a little different, they were characterised by their porcelain feet, hands and faces with soft bodies and gaudy outfits.  Their soft bodies meant I could arrange them to sit in my shadow box which hung in my bedroom.  Looking back I'm not sure if I ever really loved porcelain clowns.  I do remember the joy of finding a new one and I definitely remember how happy I was being gifted that first one for free. 

Fee Harding
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia 



// The Blogger Profiles on Winding Ridge Lane is inspired by the stories of people on Humans of New York. For this series, bloggers share snippets of their life -- their random thoughts, unforgettable memories, whimsical dreams, goals, their closeted fears, life hacks, beautiful mentors, people who make them laugh, their trials and tribulations and more. You can read more Blogger Profiles here

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.