July 8, 2015

Favorite Hair Products Right Now!


So it's been a few weeks since I cut off my hair, and let me tell you {although you probably know this already}, shorter hair is harder to maintain! 

When my hair was longer and I had no time to blow try or style, it was much easier to just put it up in a messy bun or a top knot and get a pass. Right now my hair is just past my shoulders and if I don't style it it just looks so frumpy and unkempt {the not nice looking kind of unkempt}, and not quite long enough for a bun.

I've been having a pretty good hair routine though, or routines to be exact. I have three -- they are the "I am not going anywhere today and not seeing anyone" routine ; the "I'll be going out but I don't have the time or patience to do the whole shabang" routine ; and the "I'm in the mood to doll myself up and go the whole nine yards" routine. The last two include getting that beachy wave look.

These are the products that help me through my routines -- 

I am in love with this one. Previously I used Seanik, which was also good, but the smell of this shampoo bar and the softness my hair feels afterwards is a great combination. I don't use this every day {but most days} and switch it off with using Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo, which I use about twice a week. 



I have had this flat iron {and the blow dryer} for a few years now and they are really my favorites. The flat iron heats up really fast and does what it's supposed to do and I have always been satisfied with how my hair comes out. I have used this when my hair was very long and when I didn't want to get a magic straight perm but still wanted that really straight look, and now I use it during my routine #3 after I blow dry my hair and before I use the curling wand {for when I don't want to have the frizzy fly away hair}. 

I have been using curling irons for the longest time but curling wands are a life saver! It was a bit tricky for me to use especially on strands of hair that were shorter but the glove that comes with this wand has saved me from what I presume would've been quite a few burns. When I don't have a lot of time or patience I skip straightening my hair with a flat iron after blow drying and go straight to using the curling wand. I used to actually do my entire head in sections but now I just do random strands. 

I got a sample sized bottle from my Vegan Cuts box a couple of months ago and I had originally thought to send it to my mom. I actually ended up using it for myself after I got my hair cut! Oops! I spray it right before I curl my hair with my Remington. Just a few sprays all around.

I was looking for a hair spray that was cruelty free and didn't test on animals and came across this product. I really didn't know what to expect and just decided to try it out. I like it and Yangkyu, who uses mostly styling gels or gum, actually switched over to using this as well. It has almost a citrus-y smell and just like other hair sprays if you use too much it does kind of feel gunky. But I use just a little all around after I am done with curling my strands of hair to hold them in place. It lasts, for me and Yangkyu, throughout the day. 



What are some of your favorite hair products you use in your routine? 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.