July 23, 2015

Making: Two Things


I made this delicious Bangkok Coconut Curry Noodles for dinner a couple of nights ago. I chose to add a little bit of chicken stock for a soupy consistency {as suggested in her notes section for those who would rather like their soup that way} but I think it would've been better without it. Perhaps next time I'll go without it and have the soup more velvety and sticky. 

I also got some boards at The Home Depot to make a new photo board. I picked up 6 {48" in length, 4.5" in width and about half inch in depth} and gave them a quick one coat of wood stain {I chose dark walnut which I diluted with water - 1 part wood stain/1 part water}. After it dried I used our left over white paint that we used for our walls {Ralph Lauren Paint in Brilliant White}. I just did a few strokes and didn't worry about getting the entire board covered perfectly in white because I wanted a little of that distressed look. Right now the boards aren't nailed together and so I have to set up the boards piece by piece for photo shoots, which I don't mind, but perhaps in the future it'll get too tedious, in which case I'll just have to ask Yangkyu to nail them together. 

Finally I ordered a tripod arm the other day to have a little more fun with taking pictures straight down. The picture above was not taken with the tripod arm though as I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet - it's on a list of things to-do, a list that seems to get longer and longer and me trying to find time to do them all. 

Yesterday we were all feeling a little under the weather and Yangkyu even took the day off to rest. But today we are feeling a whole lot better and started the morning off with some really horrible dancing in the kitchen with Piri and our DogVacay guests. We've been watching this Korean singing competition show called "Bok Myun Ga Wang" {or translated into King of Masked Singer} and we've been getting back into listening to Korean songs again {we go in and out of phases of listening to them and then not}. Our little dance party was done along to one of the songs sung on that show. I love songs that make you dance without knowing it, don't you? 

Anyway, today I'm playing catch up!

What are you up to?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.