September 22, 2015

A Girl and Her Hedgehog: Nikki + Ernest Hedgingway

After taking a break in August, we're back with a new "A Girl and Her Dog" feature, but this month we have Nikki and Ernest Hedgingway the hedgehog stealing the spotlight! 

One of the first things you'll notice about Nikki and Ernest Hedgingway's Instagram feed is their love for books and how they incorporate beautiful works of literature in their photos. Did you notice how Ernest is named after a famous American novelist? If you haven't picked up on it already, you can read below on just who that might be. 

Together, this duo is on a mission to spread the joy of reading to everyone on Instagram. What a nobel mission that is!

Animals fill our lives with so much that we often wonder how we did without them in the first place. That's the sentiment I felt when I read Nikki's passage about her life with Ernest. From their love of books, antiques and inspiring quotes, their feed is one that will make you feel like you can tackle almost any task with a lot of heart and smile, and make you want to drop by the library and check out a book or two.

Here is all about Nikki and Ernest Hedgingway. 


The Girl: Nikki 
The Hedgehog: Ernest Hedgingway, African Pygmy Hedgehog 
Nikki's favorite snack: Americone Dreams Ben and Jerry's ice cream 
Ernest Hedgingway's favorite snack: Meal worms 
From: Tulsa, OK. Though, Ernest and I began our journey together in Chicago 
Find them on Instagram: @ernest_hedgingway

Once upon a time, I was a single girl living in the great city of Chicago. In love with reading and writing, I worked part time as a freelance writer, which led to many days spent alone in the confines of my tiny apartment. One day, I decided I needed a pet to keep me company. The place was too small for a dog and my roommate was allergic to cats. Thus, I found my way to adopting a little hedgehog. Ernest was named after the American novelist, Ernest Hemingway. He, like me, is an introvert who loves to spend most of his time alone with his nose in a good book. Together, we spread the joy of books and reading to people on Instagram. Ernest might be just a small, grumpy little hedgehog, but he brings immense joy to my life. 


Thank you Nikki and Ernest Hedgingway!
You can see more of the life they share on Instagram.

Photos via Nikki. 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.