September 21, 2015

And things slowed down over the weekend.


I realized that we have been looking after dogs every day since September 3. The last of our guest dogs left one by one on Sunday - at 5 pm, then 6 pm and our final guest at 8 pm. 

Over the weekend, things definitely slowed down a bit and Yangkyu and I, instead of doing the whole fire pit and bubbles thing, ended up aerating our lawn. We poked holes everywhere, spread some grass seed and sprinkled lots of water while whispering to them to grow green and strong. 

Today, Yangkyu worked from home. It's been a terribly dreary day and it's raining now. These kinds of days tend to get the better of me but I've been pretty productive, plugging along and finishing my DogVacay DIY, which was due today. The minute I sent it over to the editor I felt relieved but also elated because I am pretty happy with the way it turned out {and to think it was only a few days ago when I was worrying over it so much so that I couldn't even figure out how to get it started}. 

I cleaned a little, got the laundry going and did some grocery shopping too. It's always such a good feeling when your fridge gets filled with food, no? Appointments for our annual physical with our primary care doctor has been made and dishes hand washed. 

I had planned on starting a new knitting project but haven't gotten around to it yet. I was thinking of working on something easy, like a hat, but I just threw out a crazy idea to Yangkyu -- maybe instead of buying area rugs, I can make one. A chunky knit rug maybe? Hmm... maybe.

You all probably know by now, and I probably sound like a broken record, but I am not really a fan of fall but I picked up a small pumpkin anyway. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.