September 9, 2015

Needle and thread


I don't mind doing the household chores around here, but I've come to realize that I really don't like ironing and sewing loose buttons.

Do we ever learn how to do these things? I can't recall a time in my life when I actually had to teach myself how to iron or sew a button back on my pants or shirt. It just came naturally {although I am not very good at it} from watching my mother as a child. I remember she would always iron my dad's work clothes and sew patches and buttons on all our play clothing. Oh how I wanted to do them instead. Everything adults do always seemed so fun - while some things are true, I was pretty wrong about ironing and sewing.

I wasn't even in kindergarten but I remember always being by her side and watching her hand and arm movements. The memory is fuzzy, but still ingrained. 

And so yesterday when I had to sew on buttons on Yangkyu's shorts and my summer linen pants I recalled and followed. Of course I pricked myself a couple of times along the way. I try so hard not to prick myself and in turn I end up pricking myself even more. There must be some law that defines this odd phenomenon.

A bonus: I realized that I made it on to the picture above. I look silly but can you find me? Heh.


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.