October 2, 2015

Piri's Tree


Last Saturday, after dropping Piri off at the groomer's early in the morning, Yangkyu and I grabbed breakfast on the go and then headed over to our local garden center. I thought it would be nice to pick up a little tree and name it Piri's Tree (피리나무). 

I know people do this type of thing as a remembrance of a pet that passed, but I wanted something for now, something that can grow healthy and green and strong alongside Piri. 

At the garden center, we looked around once and then twice and then three times and settled on two different types of "trees" - the corn cane and the myrtle topiary. 

I gravitated toward the corn cane because it had a sturdy stem, but Yangkyu liked the cuteness of the small, round myrtle topiary. 

In the end we did settle on the myrtle. We also picked up a pretty white planter as well. White seemed innocent and clean. 

The meaning of myrtles is something along the lines of love and marriage. We like to think that Piri's Tree ties all of us together as family. 

I made a little tag and set it near our kitchen window. 


What do you have planned for the weekend? 

It's been pouring over here for the past few days and I think it will continue on to the weekend. I have just found a Korean TV show that I started watching the other day and will probably binge watch all weekend long. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.