January 5, 2016

I spy...


A little Westie girl named Nala wanting some lap time while I worked on the computer last night. 

So we are actually taking a little break from our break to look after Nala. Piri's Place is officially closed though for the next couple of days until we re-open again, although we don't have any bookings coming up. 

My body is feeling a bit like it's been body slammed a million times over. I have been running since November but with busy guest dog schedules last month, I haven't ran since December 21. Before Nala was dropped off yesterday, I ran my usual route and man was it hard. And it was cold. I forgot to put on gloves and I was pretty sure my hands froze and fell off somewhere on New Braddock Rd. It's even colder today and I am contemplating on whether running is a good idea. 

I have been sitting in front of my computer, trying to finish my cup of coffee, playing with Nala here and there and trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do today for the past hour, but really all I have been doing is listening to Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" on repeat. Over and over and over again. For an hour, guys. 

I know I need to bake some cookies today. White chocolate and macadamia. But I don't have a cookie jar to store them in. Rats. To be honest with you, I have been thinking this same train of thought for the past two weeks. "Oh I need to bake cookies today. Oh yeah, but I don't have a cookie jar or any kind of storage to put them in." Mentally move "bake cookies" task to the back burner. 

I need to crochet or knit something. It's my cowl. Oh and some dolls. Yoda. Yeah, that's it. I need to crochet an amigurumi Yoda. And try a mitten pattern. And a hat and maybe a scarf, too. 

See my mind is just a rambling mess and I can't organize my thoughts and tasks. I have put "crochet and knit" on my to-do list for the past week and I haven't done it because it isn't specific enough. Crochet what? Knit what? So I have been just looking at the task list and skipping it because I tell myself "I'll get to the specifics later" and I never do. 

Did I mention already that my body feels like it's been body slammed? A million times over? 

My elbow hurts. Why does my elbow hurt? Is it from moving my arms while running? I need some salon pas. Yangkyu hate the way that stuff smells. I don't care for the smell - I just like the way it feels. Maybe I'm just an old soul {for some reason Yangkyu associates salon pas with old people}. 

Oh and Piri needs a bath. 

Yangkyu's work shirts need to be ironed (they have been sitting in the closer un-ironed for about a month now. Maybe two.). 

I still need to figure out Piri's insurance. 

And organize my messy craft bins. 

Research DIYs to do. 

And make a couple of videos as well. 

Don't you love how this rambling blog post turned into yet another task list for myself? 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.