September 5, 2016

Slowly recovering


Piri came back home late afternoon on Saturday and he's been slowly recovering. The area in his mouth painful but he doesn't really show it - I figured he was in discomfort because he wanted to eat but couldn't get his mouth to open and chew. Stoic dog. Only if he would yelp or cry to let me know. 

He's on painkillers, which we are supposed to give every 8-12 hours, but it looks like he's been needing them more around the 8th hour and not the 12th. 

We are still dealing with differences in doctor's opinions - our oncologist and the surgical doctor. On Saturday the doctor performing Piri's surgery said that he is even more convinced that the it's the oral melanoma that came back despite the cytology that the oncologist ran on the 22nd. I am not convinced but I am worrying. Like crazy worrying. We won't know for sure until end of this week when biopsy results come back. I don't like this wait... I don't like it at all. 

Today is Labor Day and Yangkyu has off, although he is spending some time working from home and also studying as well. Our last Labor Day weekend doggy guest is leaving today and so we plan on spending a slow day here and going out just the three of us when our guest leaves. 

I had a very emotional day yesterday. Crying and just talking about random things, which weren't all that random when I think about it now. All somehow connected... Just a lot of painful memories that came flooding back and I couldn't control my emotions and I just cried and cried and cried. 

It's so very odd but I feel so much better today. Like yesterday didn't even happen.

I got my positive ovulation test yesterday morning and I am wondering if my mood swing around this time of the month is a bit more pronounced than other months. 

I am glad that it's over though. I am glad that Piri is home with us. I am glad for many things. I'll focus on those today. 

14 comments

  1. You're both such wonderful people and I love how much you love and care for Piri!! I really hope all your wishes will come true, you deserve it most of all!! Lots of love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do hope Piri gets better soon, Jane. It's never a walk in the park to see someone you care for in any sort of pain:'( And sometimes, we all need days to just cry over stuff as a sort of cleanse, you know? Good to hear you're feeling better today. (((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks -- it's still so dreadful waiting to hear what the results are.. hopefully it is benign.

      Delete
  3. Oh Jane, I have some of those days too. Sometimes we just need to cry it all out and I think it'll be better after that. Also, I'm glad Piri is feeling better now. Wishing him and you all the positivity and speedy recovery. Pray that Piri will be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much and i am glad to hear that i am not alone. thankful for folks opening up and relating!

      Delete
  4. crying does make everything lighter, if not better. it's good then. wishing piri a sooner recovery. and sending some loves plus good vibes to your little family <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're dealing with so many different things Jane. I feel for you. If you feel this way every month around the same time, bring this up to your doctor. He or she may be able to prescribe something for you to help with that.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Jane. A tough situation for you and your family. Sending you virtual hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.