December 15, 2016

We're back!


Hello!

We came back last night from a 10 day trip to Bavaria, Germany. We stayed in Munich and took in as much of the the city as possible and made day trips out to Fussen, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, Berchtesgaden, Nuremburg and Salzburg.

Germany has an amazing railway system that makes taking these regional trips so accessible and incredibly easy (and affordable - Bayern tickets ftw!). I had such big worries about using their trains, and while it was tricky in the beginning, we picked up quickly on what tickets to buy and all the ticket counter and information booth personnel (and local passengers) were extremely helpful.

I took a zillion pictures and I have no idea when I'll be able to go through them, but I can't wait to show you some of the sights we saw, including all the Christmas markets (omg x1000!).

Yangkyu and I went on this trip to heal, experience new things and recharge, but it also brought back a lot of the festive moods I had long lost after Piri passed. For someone whose favorite holiday is Christmas, Germany was certainly the place to be this time of year.

I still cried during our trip. During train rides I thought a lot about Piri, mostly our last days together. But Yangkyu and I also thought back on a lot of fun, happy, goofy memories. We also took a little Lamb Chop toy Piri liked to symbolize him and we were also gifted with a little Piri that our Instagram friend, Karina, made us. And so it felt like he was next to us the entire time. And while my emotions fluctuated from being happy and sad, Yangkyu and I were also hopeful for what is to come for the both of us. 

Normally I get extremely homesick when I'm away from home for a few days and so I was a little worried that I would miss home more than enjoy being away, and while I was eager at the end of our trip to get back home, I felt a little sad too to be leaving. 

I am thankful for everyone who made this trip so great and memorable. As cheesy as it may sound, it felt like we had guardian angels looking out for us every single day. I don't know what we did to deserve so much kindness and support but we felt extremely loved. It was a very good feeling. 

Jet lag hasn't been much of a problem for us here as it was when we first got to Munich. This morning, we woke up at 5 am and had breakfast, got the laundry going, turned on Christmas music and welcomed Spootie and Clover to Piri's Place. They'll stay with us until Saturday and then we'll be taking off again until the 23rd. 

I hope you'll come by again when I'm done going through all my pictures.

Happy holidays. 

5 comments

  1. That's amazing Jane! Glad you both had a great time :)

    Merry Christmas to you and Yangkyu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! can't wait to hear your stories in germany. it's completely okay to be sad remembering piri but i also hope you wouldn't forget how happy he made you feel. sending joys to you and yangkyu! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys had a wonderful time! I loved seeing your photos on Instagram. I hope you and Yangkyu have a wonderful Christmas. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww I'm glad you had a lovely trip, bringing Piri's lambchop toy was the sweetest idea and I'm glad despite all the hardships Germany made you smile with it's festive-ness, can't wait to see the photos :) I think I took two months to blog my Japan photos - oops, so understand that takes time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I'm glad you had a safe trip and loved seeing all your pics on Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.