May 12, 2017

Happy Mother's Day to pet moms everywhere


I came across this video yesterday and cried so much when I saw it. It's been 7 months since Piri passed and I still miss him so very much. I am still sad that we didn't get to spend more time together. I know we had a long wonderful 17 years with him, and that is a very long time, but to me, it's short.. short when I think about all the things I still wish to do with him. 

The audio quality isn't the greatest -- it was when I was still playing around with Final Cut Pro. 

This was from 5 years ago when we were living in Silver Spring, Maryland. 

In the past, I shied away from calling myself a pet mom because I really wasn't - Piri had a mom of his own. So I was always their human companion. But, whenever Mother's Day or Father's Day came around, I always celebrated pet parents everywhere. I don't shy away from calling myself a pet mom so much anymore. Not everyone can be pet moms, and so it's a role I take on with great responsibility and love.

This weekend is Mother's Day weekend. I wanted to say a special Happy Mother's Day to fellow pet moms who love with all their strength and heart. It's one of the highest privileges, greatest joys and at times greatest heartaches (when we have to part with them) to be able to wear a pet mom title. Like many of you, I don't regret one second of it. 

Happy weekend. Happy Mother's Day.


 // Song is You Make Me Happy by Lindsey Ray


6 comments

  1. Happy weekend and happy mother's day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Jane:) XOXO That was such a lovely video. Watching that...I can totally see how much Piri loves you guys too. And the song you chose was just perfect.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy mother's day to you, jane.

    while i'm not a pet mom, i'm a pet big sister. i say big sister because my dog is a family dog and we like to think my mom is my dog's mom too.

    piri was such a beautiful dog. s/he is now a resident of rainbow bridge, alongside other adorable beautiful puppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie Piri is and both Piri and Bartles are so lucky to have you as their Mum! (Can't help my Aussie ways to say Mum not Mom :P)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piri will always be with you. It's hard, I know Jane. You were a great mom to him.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.