January 13, 2014

happiness came in a box over the weekend, but monday came and ruined it all (ok. not really. monday, you aren't so bad).

well hello! hope you had a wonderful weekend. 

it rained for the most part where we are, but the sun came out on sunday so of course we decided to spend it indoors and just relax {we were actually a bit too sore to go out. read on to find out why}. i did get around to watching a few episodes of x-files, season 9, but i missed mulder so much that i ended up watching it from season 1. it's a great show, so despite the fact that some special effects were super cheesy, it was fun {and scary!} to watch.

yangkyu and i also decided to follow along to shaun t's alpha cardio instead of going to the gym, and i tell ya... i have never cursed so much while working out. but the workout is actually strangely addicting, even though those lunges he makes you do are a killer. my arms and thighs are burning. good news though -- on sunday, we completed 14 days of working out so we did a little high five and happy dance to celebrate that benchmark.

it's a new week! hope your weekly goals are set, your coffees brewed and tasks lists ready to be crossed off! have a wonderful 5 weekdays ahead!

some images from our weekend: 
 ^^ remember this gallery wall i started last year? well.. it's still in the works. i am actually taking my time to finish it as i collect prints and photos that i want to frame in this space. and i'm not really sure with what's going on with the shape but i figure it'll turn out looking somewhat normal in the end. so far our prints are from albie designs and rifle paper co. the lamb print is actually a postcard we picked up at epcot when we visited a couple of years ago.
 ^^ stickygrams galore. i remember getting our first batch in september 2011. back then though i was into the whole cropping instagram images using squareready so our earlier stickygrams look a little funny. but i'm continuing to add to my collection, which now are back to the full square images. i actually just ordered a batch a few days ago and can't wait to get them in the mail.  
 ^^ i don't care if you're from a box. you're delicious! trader joe's coffee cake mix was the highlight of our happiness this weekend. so good. 
^^ our cactus featured on the first floral friday series saw its first bloom! 
^^ i picked up some fallen branches during our morning walk with piri and gave them a new home. i love this look. only at night when the lights were out, the branches almost "gouged my eyes out" according to yangkyu. i think he's being a little dramatic. ok, maybe the branches are slightly a bit long.
^^ this guy ate one too many apples over the weekend.

38 comments

  1. Great job with the workout. I am still finding the motivation to get back into it after the beginning of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Mulder too:D And thanks for sharing all these pics, Jane:) Always great to see your lovely photos.

    PS Haven't tried that Shaun T workout....sounds great....and brutal:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet & eventful photos from this past wkend! I should give X-Files a try, I know that the bf used to like watching it so we can give this series another go :) And I know what u mean with 1 of Shaun T's crazy insane workouts! I've seen plenty of the Insanity ones & those are killer! But I do like indoor workouts, they come in handy during those cold days plus they're sometimes more fun than going to the gym.
    Happy Monday~~
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gallery wall, it came out so great!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos. They make a home feel so much more personal! I'd love to put up more pictures in my apartment. You've definitely inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you like Shaun T's workout videos? I was always curious about Insanity, but I feel like it might be overwhelming for someone as out of shape as I am. Haha. I actually really enjoy working out to Jackie Warner's workouts though! Her workouts are tough but doable with some modifications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the alpha cardio was very do-able. there is one woman who does the modified style which i was able to follow. i don't think i can do insanity. i heard it was pretty intense. i did it for three days and i did it because i wanted to sweat and it felt good, but i think we'll be going back to the gym to run instead. i never heard of jackie warner! will have to check it out!

      Delete
  7. Yes my friend Angela who wants to compete in body building competitions says that working out is addicting. And Sticky Gram looks really cool. Oh getting your eye gauged not good but the branches are lovely.

    Haha I just got two tubes of body scrub for $3.00 each at Victoria's Secret, they were having a sale. But sounds good too! And have the same problem that time of the month too.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first bloom from your cactus is so pretty! I've been wanting to create a gallery wall in my bedroom for awhile. My mom has one filled with quotes, and its so inspirational! I love the one of the little boy with the blue balloon- cute! Happy Monday, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE watching old episodes of the X-File. It's still amazing after all these years :-) I'll have to pick up that coffee cake mix when I go to Trader Joe's this weekend - looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute tea cup!
    our weekend was rainy too but yesterday we managed to go outside for a long walk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such a sweet post! I must try the Trader Joe's coffee cake, now! And I absolutely adore those branches you picked up - they are gorgeous on your dresser! Have a great week, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of using fallen branches as decor for the home!
    I think the TJ boxed cakes are pretty good! I'm so glad you agree! hehe
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that beautiful first bloom, Jane! And cake from a box is really tasty, I've no time to bake from scratch anymore so have been happily using then. Rest those muscles, hope they're not so sore anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha keep on going the cardio Jane :P its rewarding at the
    end and you will feel good!
    I don't like cake out boxes because making a cake can be
    really easy! Tho I'd not mind having a taste c: The vase
    with the branches are so clean and lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute tea cup! I'm working on a gallery wall too (isn't everyone?). You puppy is adorable...but why too many apples?

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I envy your cardio motivation! Teach me your ways

    Sam // samanthaheather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. GAH, from the few glimpses I've seen of your home, your space looks SO cute!! have you ever done a house tour on the blog? if not, you totally should :) congrats on the workout! I need to head to the gym myself.. sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely photo wall! love the layout. When I move in, I thought I would work out alot but I still haven't had motivation to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your gallery wall is coming along nicely. I always see commercials for Shaun T's workouts on MNET.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your gallery wall is so cute. Also, I adore the stickygrams- such a fun way to save memories!

    I've never had the Trader Joe's coffee cake but it sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your gallery wall is looking adorable!! I've been walking around these tiny hills near my house, so yeah, new year's resolution...!

    ReplyDelete
  22. those stickygrams! they look so good. and wow I admire your discipline in getting to the gym! I need to get back to yoga asap.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your gallery wall! I am thinking of doing one in my home office. I've actually been thinking about it for over a year now and am so intimidated that I can't even seem to get started. :P I'm thinking I'm just going to buy a nice print and build the collection organically like you are instead of trying to get all of the pieces before hanging. I bet that coffee cake was delicious! TJ makes some of the best boxed baking mixes. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the photos and especially what you did with the dead tree branches, very smart idea indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I tell yah, you're a lot more committed than me - I wanted to go to the gym tonight but watched the Golden Globes instead :/

    ReplyDelete
  26. you have got a real nice place and again aw at your dog! <3

    Katrina Sophia Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. High-five for working out!! And I LOVE your gallery wall so far! It's coming along great!! It's good to know that TJ's coffee cake mix is good! Def going to pick that up next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhhh those sticky grams are fantastic! And an addicting workout? Nice, wish I could get into that routine! xx Kat


    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on the workouts girl! I actually love those burning muscle feelings when you can barely move. It means you actually did good work. And my husband and his family are obsessed with x-files, too funny. Every Christmas they watch that Christmas episode where they go to the abandoned mansion.
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I think I might have to steal the branch idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You guys do a lot with photos! What are some of your favorites with instagram?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I love the stickygramphotos! And Piri is cute as always, the weekend looks and sounds amazing. And I think that cup of tea is too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your beautiful serene home Jane! And those relaxed weekends at home as well (brave for the intense cardio exercise!). Piri's "apple" face is the cutest :) Where did you get the tea cup? Lately I have a thing for homeware with flower patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you~ the tea cup is from anthropologie :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Winding Ridge Lane . Design by Fearne.